Terms and Conditions
- You must be at least 18 years of age to register for the contest
- Please do not post any photographs or content that are obscene, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or which otherwise violate any local or international laws.
- At 300 ppi (pixels per inch) the image resolution needs to be at least 2480 x 3508 pixels. (optimal for A4 size), for a high megapixel professional camera lower resolution is also acceptable. The organisers may ask for a higher resolution image if the minimum standard is not met at the time of printing.
- Each Image should have a title, max 10 words
- Image can be colored or monochrome, portrait or landscape
- Include the EXIF data if available
- Submissions can be made at : email@example.com
By submitting photos to Stapa Photo Contest you confirm that for each photo submitted
- You are the only author of your work and that it is your original work
- You are the sole copyright holder
- You have not licensed any rights in the work that will conflict with the usage rights required by Stapa
- You have the permission of any persons in the work, or if they are under 16, the consent of their parent or guardian to grant the usage rights required by Stapa
- You have permission from the owners of property shown in the work to grant the usage rights required
- That it does not include trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any other third person or entity
- That it does not contain names, likenesses, or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
- You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of Your entry and to fully indemnify Stapa in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing
Stapa reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with any of the above, even after the entry is submitted
Stapa respects photographers rights and does not claim copyright over images submitted to this contest, you the author retain full copyright in each entry. Whenever your image is published by Stapa you will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition.
By entering this contest you agree that any winning or short-listed/finalist images you submit may be used by Stapa solely for marketing and promotional purposes of this contest or future contests and no other purpose, these uses include; displaying the entries on the contest website, promotion of the contests and the photographers, cropping and re-sizing the image as necessary to fit pre-defined formats for the competition.
- You hereby grant Stapa a non-exclusive, irrevocable license in each Entry for the uses described above for 1 year following the date of announcement of the winner, thereafter the image may be used for archival purposes by Stapa
- You acknowledge your responsibility for protecting your entry against image misuse by third parties, by, but not limited to, the insertion of a watermark, retaining EXIF data. Stapa can assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
- Should any image uses beyond those needed for the contest arise you will be contacted and given the opportunity to negotiate any such usage with the parties concerned independently of the contest.
Judging & Peoples Choice
Each photo contest is split in to two sections. 1. Judged which entails all entries being judged to choose the overall winner of the photo contest. 2. The Peoples Choice, where by people vote on their favourite photos, and the entry with the most votes will win the Peoples Choice award.
- If the judged and the peoples choice result is the same entry, then the entry with the next highest number of votes will be selected for the Peoples Choice Award.
- The judges decision is final and they do not enter in to communication relating to entries.
Although we endeavour to provide quality prizes Stapa cannot warrant sponsors product(s)/service(s) and you agree not to hold Stapa, or its staff liable for any losses costs or liabilities that may arise in association with the prize(s) or sponsors
If you have any questions concerning these terms and condition please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quelles sont les directives pour le titre des photos? Est-ce qu’il s’agit simplement de renseignements sur la photo en elle-même? Le titre peut-il être en français ou doit-il être en anglais?