On Wednesday October 25th, the 2017 edition of the Intellectual Property and Tech Transfer workshop will take place in “The 25”, from 2pm to 6pm. The workshop, co-organized by DARRI (Direction des Applications de la Recherche et des Relations Industrials), MAASCC (Mission Accueil Accompagnmeent et Suivi des Carrières des Chercheurs) and StaPa (Young Researchers of Institut Pasteur), aims to bring awareness to the researchers of Institut Pasteur about the stakes and opportunities of intellectual property, technology transfer and industrial partnerships in the frame of their research.
This workshop is a great opportunity for researchers to:
– Learn about intellectual property
– Figure out how to patent and protect their work
– Understand what industrial partnerships can bring
– Hear testimonies of real-case patents
– Discuss freely with patent and business development experts
– Discover a career alternative to academia
During the workshop, participants will also be able to hear the testimonies of David Bikard and Marie Flamand, two researchers who have engaged in the process of protecting and transferring their data with the help of DARRI. The preliminary program is as follows (a more detailed one will be sent soon):
14h-15h20 First Part
– Why Tech Transfer?
– Protecting scientific data
15h20-15h40 Coffee Break
15h40-17h Second Part
– Industrial Partnership and Entrepreneurship
– Tech Transfer careers
17h-17h30 Coffee and Discussion
Attending places are limited, and therefore registration is mandatory. Participants can register here: https://goo.gl/H6XDnx
The StaPa workshops are a series of meetings emphasizing interaction and exchange of information among specialists, focusing on skills development in a particular field or theme.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Workshop
StaPa organized the first “Postdoctoral Fellowship Workshop” on July 28th 2016. The workshop covered the following:
- Identify fellowships for which you are eligible
- Learn the most common mistakes people make
- Find out why certain applications are successful
- Fellowship Q & A Session
The workshop included a faculty presenter, a grant specialist from HR, and panel of current postdocs who successfully applied and were awarded a variety of fellowships. They shared their experiences as well as tips for preparing successful fellowship applications.
The workshop was organized in collaboration with MAASC and the Grants Office of Institut Pasteur.
Watch the 2016 talks: